Dentistry is rapidly advancing with the use of new methods and technologies. While scientists have not yet figured out how to grow new teeth, dental implants currently offer the best solution for replacing lost teeth. Modern dental implant techniques allow patients to regain their smile, even when teeth are missing.
Simply put, an implant is a type of support in the jawbone that has a screw thread. It is inserted into the jawbone to replace a missing tooth, and an artificial crown is then attached to it using various types of implant-crown connections. The implant mimics the natural root of the tooth while it is in the bone. Implanting a tooth allows for an almost exact replica of the real root.
Dental implants transfer chewing pressure directly to the gum, just like a natural tooth, while a bridge or denture transfers the pressure to adjacent teeth or the gum mucosa. Implants are one of the most modern methods of prosthetics in dentistry and can quickly restore teeth without compromising the cosmetic or functional aspects of the chewing apparatus.
When Do We Need Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a metal pin implanted in the jaw, on which a denture is attached.
This method of attachment is much more reliable than the usual method when the structures are attached to adjacent teeth. In addition, this method avoids the damaging of adjacent teeth.
Dental implants are also called intraosseous because they are implanted in the jaw bone.
Implantation is appropriate in the following cases:
– the loss of one or more teeth;
– the absence of several teeth in a row;
– last teeth in the row are missing;
– all teeth are missing (complete adentia);
For some people, dental implants are the most comfortable way to restore lost teeth, for others it is the only possible solution.
DENTAL IMPLANT SUPPORTED DENTURES
Implant Supported Dentures ! Anything is possible @soladentalspa Another happy patient is another successful day at the office 🌟
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Implanted teeth surpass removable dentures in
quality for many reasons.
Dentures on implants are much stronger than bridges. With correct and regular care, they serve for life.
Dental implants restore 100 percent chewing effectiveness. A dental bridge restores only about 30-40 percent of chewing effectiveness. Dental implants are a fixed design. Dental implants all-on-4 treatment technique (when all jaw teeth are based on only 4 implants) helps avoid the discomfort that people often feel when they wear a partial denture. Dental implants NY will make you feel as if you had your own healthy teeth.
Healthy teeth contribute to the proper functioning of the digestive system, make the face beautiful by restoring the function of the facial muscles, restore self-confidence.
POSITIVE EFFECTS ON HEALTH
A dental implant restores the root of the tooth. So dental implants can reduce bone damage. This method of tooth restoration allows adjacent healthy teeth to remain intact. The situation is different with bridges. For bridgework, it is often necessary to grind adjacent teeth. Besides, these teeth suffer from an additional load, since they become abutment teeth. Titanium and zirconium alloys are mainly used for dental implants. These are bioinert materials for the human body, the use of which allows achieving good engraftment results.
Dental implants types are usually distinguished only by specialists. Modern dentistry uses zirconium for dentures on implants. This material is highly regarded for its strength and cosmetic in modern dentistry. Zirconium is permeable to light, therefore, has the transparency characteristic of natural teeth. Even in neon light dental implants glow like natural teeth.
IMPLANT OR CROWN: WHAT IS BETTER?
Modern cosmetic dentistry provides such a wide range of possibilities for restoring the teeth that it sometimes creates a problem of choice for patients.
A dental crown is an ideal solution for restoring one tooth. But this method is applicable only a tip of the tooth is destroyed. A single prosthesis can rest on a part of a tooth, a pin or a stump insert. Can a crown replace an implant? Yes. But only if the root of the tooth is healthy, and only the visible part is ruined. In such situations, crowns can even prevent further damage to the teeth.
If the root of the tooth is damaged, the crown cannot be installed without prior implantation of the artificial root. In this case, other prostheses or implants are used.
Our doctors are always trying to save your teeth offering the most gentle option of restoration. Though, the method depends on the degree of tooth destruction, it is of paramount importance.
So, if the tooth is less than half-destroyed, it can be restored using filling material. If it is more than half damaged, then a crown can be considered. When choosing between a crown or an implant, the condition of adjacent teeth is of primary importance. If they are healthy and with no fillings and destruction, then it is advisable to preserve them and avoid depulpation. In this case, an implant is preferred.
WHY CHOOSE US
– Serene and Relaxing Atmosphere – our dental spa is centered around patient’s well being and comfort.
– Impeccable 1st Class Dentistry and Phenomenal Patient Service – you will be amazed by the superior results and the services that we deliver..our patients are literally pampered.
– Financing Plans – avaible through third party financing companies.
– Major Insurances Accepted – we work with most insurances. Please call us to check if your one can be accepted.
– Your Satisfaction and Happiness – we will not stop working until you will be happy and satisfied.
– Consideration of your Valuable Time – we value your time very much and PROMISE to make every effort possible to see you PROMPTLY at your reserved appointment.
– Friendly, Courteous and Caring Staff – our staff are genuinely caring and concerned about your comfort and well being.
– Lecture and Guilt Free Office – studies have shown that the #1 reason people put off their dental care has nothing to do with fear or pain but has to do with the guilt of putting off the dentist. People keep putting it off because they are afraid of the dentist lecturing them. At our office our goal is to EDUCATE not lecture you or make you feel guilty.
– Mercury free fillings – we have completely given up the OUT OF DATE practice of placing mercury containing silver fillings. Our Dr has perfected the art of white composite fillings to the point that you can’t see or feel them as being different than the rest of your teeth. You will LOVE your new METAL FREE smile!
Sola Dental Spa is a dental office like no other. From the moment you walk in the office you are greeted by the wonderful staff that make you feel like you are a part of their family. The level of care that Gershkowitz has provided for my family and I is something that I will always be grateful for. We actually look FORWARD to our next appointment! Thank you guys for everything.
The Staff of Sola Dental office are very nice. Dr. Anne is amazing and will make you feel comfortable and eases your anxiety with your dental procedure. This place is highly recommended.
Great Doctors and staff, had to have several teeth removed made me feel very comfortable and best part is I didn’t feel any pain. Would highly recommend Sola dental to anyone needing a dentist.
I always have a great experience at Sola Dental Spa. The medical staff is friendly and with always professional approach to each patient. The place is clean and you are always welcome.